Chatting with Norton's support about NIS 2009...

I planning to purchase the NIS2009 and I saw that their website stated "Windows 7 Ready". So to make sure of it before purchase, I've chat with the technical support...





Here is the chat log:

Chat ID: 149c5cd3-07f4-4559-8c44-2c20c6df5588
Problem : Can I ask that is NIS 2009 support windows 7? I planning to purchase it but I affraid it does not support. Because according to NIS 2009 website, It write that Windows 7 Ready. But when I install the trial, there is not fully compatible with it.
KIRAN KUMAR: You are being transferred to KIRAN KUMAR.
KIRAN KUMAR: Welcome to Norton Support, my name is Kiran, Can I please have a minute to go through the information you have provided?
Mr. Alan Lee: Can I ask that is NIS 2009 support windows 7? I planning to purchase it but I affraid it does not support. Because according to NIS 2009 website, It write that Windows 7 Ready. But when I install the trial, there is not fully compatible with it.
KIRAN KUMAR: I understand that you want to know whether Windows 7 is compactible with Norton Internet security 2009 or not.
Mr. Alan Lee: Yes correct.
KIRAN KUMAR: Thank you for the confirmation.
KIRAN KUMAR: Yes, the windows 7 is not compactible with Norton products.
KIRAN KUMAR: However we will get a update regarding the product as soon as possible.
KIRAN KUMAR: So that we will inform through our web site.
KIRAN KUMAR: Thanks, your case number is 493598035 , please write this down.
Mr. Alan Lee: Oh ic...
KIRAN KUMAR: Is there anything else that I can help you with?
Mr. Alan Lee: why from the norton web, under the system requirement it stated "Microsoft® Windows 7 ready"?
KIRAN KUMAR: Just after getting full access and control over the windows 7 compactiability we will update the web site regarding the Norton product .
KIRAN KUMAR: However this takes few more days .
KIRAN KUMAR: Our technicians are undergoing the with the process.
Mr. Alan Lee: Are you sure few more days?
Mr. Alan Lee: mean soon?
KIRAN KUMAR: Yes, you will receive a updates as soon as possible.
Mr. Alan Lee: Do they could take less than 1month to done the updates?
Mr. Alan Lee: If so, then I could purchase the NIS 2009 right now because I am sharing with my other friends with the 3 users option
KIRAN KUMAR: I am sorry, we are not sure about the exact period however I can assure you that the process is under going.
Mr. Alan Lee: then what about you mention "takes few more days"?!?
(No response for a while)
Mr. Alan Lee: I would like to get your suggestion should I purchase it now?
KIRAN KUMAR: I suggest you to purchase the product however please install in the windows XP or the vista however the if you want to use the only windows 7 then my suggestion is not to purchase the product .
(The sentence contain 6 THE)
KIRAN KUMAR: Am I clear with the suggestion? please let me know if any difficulty found.
(Actually is difficulty)
Mr. Alan Lee: Erm its okay. Thank for your suggestion.
KIRAN KUMAR: You are welcome.
KIRAN KUMAR: Is there anything else that I can help you with?
KIRAN KUMAR: I haven't seen a response to my last message. Have you received it?
KIRAN KUMAR: Before we go can I check with you that the problem you contacted us about has been fixed and that it’s ok for me to close this case ?
Mr. Alan Lee: Yes you can.
KIRAN KUMAR: Thank you for contacting Norton Support . Have a Great Day. Take Care, Bye
Mr. Alan Lee: Okay.
KIRAN KUMAR: Analyst has closed chat and left the room


What the... But at least know so far not still not compatible with win7... So will purchase it after the update is announce...

1 comments:

RaLpH said...

u still can purchase it now. The key will only be activated once registered on the web. So in the mean time u can keep the key and it doesn't count. 366 days is a very long time. Mine still got 210 days left. ^^